November 26

Marine Discovery Centre

Marine Discovery Centre

On Thursday the 24th of November 2016 the 5/6 classes went to the Marine Discovery Centre! We first went to board the buses, There were two. One small one and a normal sized one, since our class is the smallest we got to go on the small coach! We listened to music, sang songs and of course, Talked

We stopped at the Star of The Sea School because the Marine Discovery Centre was connected to the primary school. When we got there a lady named Jacinta introduced us and let us in. We were seated and then watched a video that was on the screen. It was about a guy who had found the the egg shell of a Port Jackson Shark but wanted to find out what is was (cause he didn’t know what egg it was) but then a sea-gull came in (a puppet) and said go to the Marine Discovery Centre to find out! So he went and found out what it was!

After they told us we were just going to go out and walk to the beach close by. The beach we went to was Henley Beach and we went beach combing, which is basically when you find different shells and stuff from the sea. We found cuttles, cockle shells, razor shells (which are very sharp) and lots of sea weed. It was extremely fun and I enjoyed every part of it! We were out there for about an hour and the last ten minutes or so we made sand castles! Yasssssssssss!

After we had lunch and then we went back inside the centre to do the 6 activities. We learnt how to see whether the fish you catch is legal or not. We learnt about, and saw the Port Jackson Shark. We learnt about the Kaurna stories and how they tell them. And other activities that I forgot…

Overall, I really enjoyed the day even though it was tiring and that we had to leave. I really loved the people there ’cause they were ever so nice and helpful so thank you so much if you are reading this and I really appreciate the work you put into the day! 

By Jessica xoxo   

Posted November 26, 2016 by jessica56ma in category Jessica56MA

About the Author

I have an All About Me page.